Tuesday, July 26, 2011

CelebFoodie Greek Spaghetti

Many proud greek celebs like Jennifer Aniston and Maria Menudos LOVE to share their heritage with the world. They have appeared on camera or written books about the delicious food that was served in their house growing up.


Although I am NOT greek, I love greek food. Ask any of my friends. When we go out, it's almost annoying that they can pick what I will end up ordering. I love fresh flavors, and the simplicity of greek meals. I was looking for something to serve at a BBQ that would require little to no refrigeration, and I think I created a winner. Greek Spaghetti can be done in a variety of ways. I have seen it sweet with cinnamon, or salty with a multitude of cheeses.

I decided to put my own spin on the classic meal.

CelebFoodie Greek Spaghetti

You will need:
1 pound spaghetti
1 package cherry tomatoes
1 can black olives
2 red bell peppers
1 green bell pepper
1 can marinated artichoke hearts
1 cup feta cheese
1 cup ripped fresh basil
1/2 ripped fresh flat leaf parsley
1/2 chopped white onions
extra virgin olive oil
salt, pepper to taste

Cook spaghetti, drain, and add to a large serving bowl. Allow the pasta to cool down a bit before adding other ingredients.

Half the cherry tomatoes and add them to the pasta. Chop, de-vein and remove the seeds from the bell peppers. Cut them into bit sized pieces, and add to the pasta.

Drain the olives, halve them, and add to the mix. Drain the can of artichoke hearts, and sauté them in a small pan with olive oil until they are golden. After they cool, add to the pasta. Add chopped onions.

Add the cup of feta, basil, and parsley. Mix together until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Keep mixing until you see that the oil is coating everything.

Finish with 1/4 cup of lemon juice.

OOOPAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment