Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Victoria's Secret Salad


As I scroll through entertainment sites, (my daily ritual includes JustJared, Us Mag, E Online, Perez, and People) all I seem to find is how HOT celebrities look in the summer. They are toned and tan, frolicking on the beach somewhere. I fell into a downward spiral of depression when I encountered an article on Victoria Secret models. They talked about how they worked out a lot, and ate right....

The first thing I though was, "What does eating right actually mean?" I did a little more digging and found out these models eat taste-less food, and work out like dogs. I found a less drastic, MORE tasty solution to beat the bulge.

I'm not promising that if you eat this salad you will look like a model, BUT it is delicious and a better choice than a burger and fries. The small changes you make can have a BIG impact!

Victoria's Secret Salad


You will need:
1/4 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup toasted pecans
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup feta cheese
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup mandarin oranges
1/2 cup diced pears
Romain lettuce
Spring mix packaged lettuce
store bought vinaigrette of your choice

Cut lettuce into smaller bite-sized pieces. Add to large serving bowl. Cut avocado into chunks. Drain the can of oranges, and add to the mix. Combine all other ingredients together.

To finish off the dish, toast pecans in a pan with a little brown sugar sprinkled on top. When cooled, sprinkle on top of the salad. Add the dressing of your choice, mix together, and enjoy! Serves 2.

1 comment: