Thursday, July 7, 2011

Harry Potter Movie Treats


Are you watching the live stream of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 premiere?!

Okay- so don't KILL me, but I am not the biggest Potter fanatic. To be honest with you, I was much more of a Judy Bloom, than a J.K. Rowling.

Although I haven't caught wizard fever, I can appreciate the die-hard fans the books and movies have created.

Since I know most of you will be at the midnight US premiere, I brainstormed a fun Potter themed treat you could bring along with you (because who really wants to spend 7.50 on a tiny pack of Goobers.)

The YUM WAND 3000

You will need:

1 package of pretzel rods
2 bags milk chocolate chips

Take the chips and transfer them in a microwave safe bowl with a lid. Tupperware works best!
Melt the chocolate, which shouldn't take more than 2 minutes. Take the bowl of hot, melted chocolate out of the microwave. Coat 3/4 of the pretzel rod with the chocolate.

Now its time for creativity....After it is coated, you can roll it around in virtually anything for decoration.


Try mini M&Ms, crushed potato chips, crushed walnuts, sprinkles, peanut butter chips, gummy candy......The list is endless. After they are decorated, let harden for 2 hours.

Since you will have these sweet new (delicious) wands, I guarantee you will make some new friends...even a slytherin.

Want to really impress people? Check out a full list of spells here

Photos courtesy of:
botiquecafe.com
celebrity-exposure.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment